A Pair Of Russian 19th Century Vases
A pair of porcelain Russian 19th Century vases; of campagna form by the Gardner Manufactory, Moscow. The vases are decorated with panels of musical trophies on a dark green ground.
Founded in the village of Verbilki, Dmitrovsky District by Francis Gardner in 1766. The Factory produced four famous services for Catherine II in the 1770s and 1780s which were used for Imperial receptions. The Factory had a reputation for producing pieces of the highest quality and some of these are on display at the State Hermitage Museum.